Did they confirm that the new particle is higgs in SM?
Anyway, SM is far from perfect, how do you see the following open questions
* Why are there three families of quarks and leptons?
* Why does one family consist of fQ; uR; dR; L; erg?
* Why is the electric charge quantized?
* Why is the local gauge group SU(3)c SU(2)L U(1)Y?
* Why is the spacetime four-dimensional?
* Why is there 26 free parameters?
* What is the origin of quark and lepton masses and mixings?
* What is the origin of CP violation?
* What is the origin of matter-antimatter asymmetry?
* What is the nature of dark matter?
* What is the role of gravity?
* Why is the electroweak scale (100 GeV) much lower than the Planck
scale (1019 GeV)?